LAMINATE-FIX INFORMATION PAGE
Laminate-Fix fills and repairs nicks, chips, scratches, burns, small cracks and minor imperfections in laminate surfaces, restoring the beauty of countertops, backsplashes, cabinet facings, table tops, vanities, furniture, and many other plastic laminate surfaces.
We make Laminate-Fix in 29 commonly used colors. Depending on the complexity of your counter or other surface design, you may need to combine colors to make a repair.
Please read all directions and warnings prior to use.
Shake and stir bottle well.
Fill the damaged area with thin, even coats, allowing two hours of drying time between each coat. Fill the fissure just to the surface - do not overfill. Do not try to fill deep gouges in one coat. It is not necessary to sand between coats.
Dry the repaired area completely for 24 hours after applying the final coat, and before final sanding and/or buffing.
Sand the repaired area very lightly to remove any imperfections, such as remaining brush marks or debris that has settled into the repair. You may use the enclosed 220-grit finishing paper, or use additional similar or finer grit paper of similar or finer grit as you deem fit. Take care not to scratch the surrounding surface when sanding.
- Contains ethylene glycol and titanium dioxide.
- Do not take internally. Avoid eye and skin contact. Avoid prolonged exposure to vapors.
- Keep bottle tightly closed when not in use and out of the reach of children.
- Store and use away from heat, sparks and open flames, but also keep from freezing.
- Use in a well ventilated area.
- As with any paint product, wear protective glasses and rubber or neoprene gloves if possible, to reduce chances of eye and skin contact. Paint is an eye irritant and may cause skin irritation or rash with prolonged contact.
- INGESTION: Drink one or two glasses of water to dilute. Do not induce vomiting unless directed by a physician. Get medical attention immediately.
- INHALATION: Remove to fresh air. Get medical attention if breathing problems persist.
- EYE CONTACT: If you get Laminate-Fix in your eyes, immediately flush eyes with large amounts of fresh warm water for fifteen minutes. Get medical attention.
- SKIN CONTACT: Remove contaminated clothing. Wash affected skin thoroughly with warm water and soap. Rinse thoroughly with fresh warm water for at least five minutes or until all residue is removed. Get medical attention if irritation persists. Wash affected clothing before reuse.
- Laminate-Fix should not need to be thinned for use, but you can thin it or clean up residue with acetone.
- Acetone (the primary ingredient in nail polish remover) is flammable, can burn or irritate skin, and can be harmful if ingested or inhaled. Follow all appropriate precautions suggested by its manufacturer.
Contents of Kit
- One ½ ounce bottle of Laminate-Fix glaze
- One brush-tip applicator (inside cap)
- Complete instructions, with Laminate Surface Use and Care Guidelines